The number one question that we receive in the industry – why is it better to fly private rather than on the airlines? Well…we have the answer.
There are many factors that you can compare when reasoning the scenario of flying your family private, or on the airlines, especially during a pandemic. We understand that keeping yourself and others safe while traveling is number one priority.
- Private Aircraft see a lot less people than the airlines, meaning the aircraft is more likely to be clean and less likely to be contaminated. Here at Fly Live Charter, we personally sanitize and clean the interior of our cabin after every flight – no matter what.
- Flying private to The Bahamas is a lot more affordable than you think. Why not have a private aircraft take you and your family to the islands for a VERY similar price as the airlines.
- Private aircraft means private customs. When flying on our airplanes, you skip the long lines. We take you through a private building with a dedicated customs agent, which can take as little as a 5 minutes.
- Our aircraft and crew are on standby for you. We have a dedicated departure time set before your travel, when you show up, we are ready to go. Your time is valuable – we get you to paradise as fast as possible.
The top 4 reasons of flying private vs. the airlines are very apparent when you fly with Fly Live Charter. It is not as expensive as you think to fly to The Bahamas on your own chartered aircraft, and we can take you straight to the island of your choice.
Give us a call at any time – we are happy to help you with any questions you may have, and look forward to working with you on your next trip to the islands of the beautiful Bahamas.
International Travel Protocols
- All Visitors travelling to The Bahamas are required to create a Bahamas Travel Health Visa (BTHV) account/profile, submit a BTHV international trip application, be accepted, then purchase the BTHV in order to receive the approved BTHV w/QR Code for their trip to The Bahamas. This document is to be presented to airline agents/pilots and boat captains/operators before boarding takes place along with COVID-19 vaccination certificate/card and COVID-19 test result.
- Unvaccinated Travellers are required to take a RT-PCR COVID-19 test that has been administered by an accredited lab, taken no more than three (3) days prior to travel date. Visitors must apply for an International BTHV Trip Application.
- Fully Vaccinated Travellers will be required to have a COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate/Card along with a negative Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) or RT-PCR Test that has been administered by an accredited lab, taken no more than three (3) days prior to travel date. Visitors must apply for an International BTHV Trip Application.
a. Must have received the required doses of the COVID-19 Vaccine administered to them. Travellers must also be past the 2-week immunity period to apply using a COVID-19 vaccination card.
- Children Between The Ages Of 2 – 11 Years old who will be entering The Bahamas, will be required to take a negative COVID-19 test result (RAT or RT- PCR) taken no more than three (3) days prior to travel date. Visitors must apply for an International BTHV Trip Application.
- Children Younger Than 2 Years Old are exempt from the COVID-19 test/Vaccination Card. Visitors must apply for an International BTHV Trip Application.
3. Pilots And Crew Of A Commercial Airline who are not staying more than one night in The Bahamas are exempt from the COVID-19 test/Vaccination Card. And apply for an International BTHV Trip Application.
- A traveller entering The Bahamas by sea must stop at a port of entry and present to the local authority a copy of their BTHV, negative COVID-19 test result and proof of being full vaccinated.
- Any traveller entering The Bahamas by sea whether on a commercial or personal vessel for a period of longer than three (3) days must prove at their point of entry into The Bahamas that their COVID 19 test result was valid at the time of their departure and that the trip was direct with no prior stops.
- The results of a COVID-19 test is valid for a period of three (3) days from the date the test was taken.
- The requirement for Bahamian citizens and residents to obtain a BTHV has been discontinued. Instead, Bahamian citizens and residents are required to present proof of vaccination and a negative RAT or RT-PCR test at check-in prior to departure to The Bahamas.
- A BTHV is not required to travel from The Bahamas to a foreign country.
- Persons who have entered or travel within The Bahamas that exhibit symptoms of COVID-19 of their travel will be required to undergo a COVID-19 RAT.
- If a person displaying symptoms tests positive with a RAT, that person will be required to take a RT-PCR test.
- A person who refuses to take a RAT when displaying symptoms of COVID-19 or refuses to be tested further with a RT-PCR test, commits an offence and is liable to a fine and/or imprisonment.
1. If a traveller is required to submit to mandatory quarantine, they must follow the protocols issued to them by the Ministry of Health. The traveller will either be instructed to quarantine in place or, if appropriate, at a facility determined by the Ministry of Health for a period of 10 days or until the traveller tests negative with a RT-PCR test. A traveller under mandatory quarantine may be subject to additional protocols established by the Ministry of Health. Note: a hotel room is an appropriate facility for quarantine.
Inter-Island (Domestic) Travel Protocols
- A Bahamas Travel Health Visa (BTHV) is no longer required to travel within The Bahamas (DOMESTIC TRAVEL).
- Unvaccinated Travelers departing from New Providence (Nassau), Paradise Island or Grand Bahama Island (Freeport) to any other island; are required to present at check-in a Negative RT-PCR Test result taken no more than three (3) days prior to travel date.
- Fully Vaccinated Travelers departing from New Providence (Nassau), Paradise Island or Grand Bahama Island (Freeport) to any other island; will be required to present at check-in their Vaccination Card and either a negative RAT or RT-PCR Test result taken no more than three (3) days prior to travel date.
- Children Between The Ages Of 2 – 11 Years Old departing from New Providence (Nassau), Paradise Island or Grand Bahama Island (Freeport) to any other island; will be required to present at check-in a negative COVID-19 test result (RAT or PCR) taken no more than three (3) days prior to travel date.
- Children younger than 2 years old are exempt from the COVID-19 test requirements.
For any further questions, please reach out to Fly Live Charter customer service at [email protected]
Harbour Island is a small island in the Bahamas that’s just 3 miles long and half a mile wide. This 4.4 square mile island has about 1,800 residents. Harbour Island is the closest neighbor to Eleuthera, which is only 11 miles away. When landing at North Eleuthera Airport, you can hop in a taxi which will take you to the ferry and have you on Harbour Island beaches in no time.
The 3-mile pink sand beach on Harbour Island is considered one of the finest beaches in the world. It’s located on the eastern edge of the island and runs along Queen’s Highway (also known as Bay Street). The pink colour comes from microscopic coral insects called Foraminifera that wash up on shore. Their shells are red but they reflect pink light because they have no pigment.
The ocean can get quite rough on this side of the island due to its exposure to the Atlantic Ocean. If you want calmer waters, head over to the western side of Harbour Island where you can lounge at Tippy’s Beach Bar & Grill and crawl through a small cave at French Leave Beach. Harbour Island is also known for its complete and total lack of traffic lights – there aren’t even any stop signs!
For further information on Harbour Island and flying private into Eleuthera Airport’s, please give us a call or send us an email.
We often have clients that run into travel issues while flying on airlines, and end up missing their cruise ship taking them to The Bahamas! Do not fear, we are here to help.
Our aircraft are on standby for our clients. If you need an asap flight to The Bahamas, we are here to make it happen. Based in Fort Lauderdale, our pilots and our private planes are capable of being in the air within just 2 hours from the first phone call (sometimes quicker than that).
If you and your family need a private flight to The Bahamas, please feel free to contact us here at Fly Live Charter. With safety being our number one concern, we are here for you.
When it comes to planning a trip to beautiful beaches, there are countless destinations to choose from. From the Caribbean to Southeast Asia, there are so many beautiful locations with pristine waters and picturesque coastlines. Here are just a few of the best places to travel with beautiful beaches:
- Maldives – The Maldives is a tropical paradise with crystal-clear waters and white sandy beaches. The archipelago is made up of more than 1,000 coral islands, many of which have luxurious resorts perfect for a relaxing vacation.
- Bali – Bali is known for its stunning beaches, lush green landscapes, and fascinating culture. From the famous Kuta Beach to the secluded Nusa Dua, Bali has a beach for every type of traveler.
- Phuket – Thailand’s largest island, Phuket, has a wealth of beautiful beaches, ranging from the bustling Patong Beach to the peaceful Kata Noi Beach. There are also plenty of water sports and other activities to keep visitors entertained.
- Maui – Hawaii’s second-largest island, Maui, is home to some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. From the popular Kaanapali Beach to the secluded Honolua Bay, there are plenty of options for beachgoers.
- Amalfi Coast – The Amalfi Coast in southern Italy is renowned for its stunning scenery, including beautiful beaches. Positano and Praiano are two of the most popular towns on the coast, both with picturesque beaches and stunning views.
- Costa Rica – Costa Rica is a natural wonderland with beautiful beaches, lush rainforests, and diverse wildlife. From the popular Tamarindo Beach to the secluded Playa Santa Teresa, there are plenty of opportunities to explore the natural beauty of this stunning country.
These are just a few of the best places to travel with beautiful beaches. Whether you’re looking for a secluded escape or a lively party scene, there’s a beach destination out there that’s perfect for you. So pack your sunscreen and your swimsuit, and get ready to enjoy the sand, sun, and surf in some of the most beautiful places on earth.
New York City is an iconic travel destination, but the state of New York has much more to offer. From charming towns to natural wonders, there’s something for everyone in the Empire State. Here are some of the best places to travel in New York:
- New York City: No trip to New York is complete without a visit to the Big Apple. From the bustling streets of Times Square to the serene beauty of Central Park, there’s something for everyone in this vibrant city.
- The Finger Lakes: The Finger Lakes region is known for its scenic beauty and award-winning wineries. Take a leisurely drive around the lakes, stop at local wineries for tastings, and explore charming towns like Skaneateles and Geneva.
- The Adirondacks: The Adirondacks offer some of the best hiking and outdoor adventures in the state. With over six million acres of protected land, the region is a paradise for hikers, campers, and nature enthusiasts.
- Niagara Falls: One of the most famous natural wonders in the world, Niagara Falls is a must-see attraction for any traveler. Take a boat ride to the base of the falls, or experience the breathtaking views from the observation deck.
- The Catskills: The Catskills are a perfect destination for a weekend getaway from the city. The region is known for its stunning views, outdoor recreation, and charming towns like Woodstock and Phoenicia.
- Saratoga Springs: This charming town is known for its mineral springs, which were believed to have healing properties. Today, visitors can still sample the water and enjoy the town’s Victorian architecture, horse racing, and spas.
- The Hamptons: The Hamptons are a playground for the rich and famous, but anyone can enjoy the region’s pristine beaches, world-class restaurants, and quaint towns like Sag Harbor and East Hampton.
- Lake Placid: Lake Placid is known for hosting the 1932 and 1980 Winter Olympics, but it’s also a beautiful destination for outdoor activities year-round. Hike in the High Peaks, paddle on Mirror Lake, or enjoy the town’s charming shops and restaurants.
- Hudson Valley: The Hudson Valley is a treasure trove of history, culture, and natural beauty. Visit historic sites like West Point and the Franklin D. Roosevelt Presidential Library, or explore the region’s art galleries and museums.
- Montauk: This small town at the eastern tip of Long Island is a hidden gem. Enjoy the pristine beaches, take a hike in the Montauk Point State Park, and visit the iconic lighthouse.
New York State offers a wealth of destinations for travelers of all interests. Whether you’re looking for the excitement of the city or the tranquility of nature, there’s a destination for you in the Empire State.